Facilitating rectification of defects
To ensure that the rectification works are carried out smoothly, the resident/ tenant should take note of the following:
- Be specific on the defects which the builder is asked to rectify
- Be present for the appointments with the builder or contractors
- Inform the builder beforehand if any new defects which have not been mentioned in the original notification are to be discussed
- Ensure that the affected areas are free from obstruction like furniture and appliances to facilitate the rectification work and prevent damage to your belongings
The resident/ tenant and the builder should acknowledge and agree in writing the list of defects that have been rectified.
Builders Responsibilities for Warranties & Defects
Below is a brief overview of what AR Developments provide as part of a standard warranty:
Structural defects 6 years, 3 month from practical completion date-
- Leaking Roof
- Leaking Shower
- Anything constituting a health and safety issue
NOTE: Complaints regarding electrical will be directed to the electrical contractor responsible for the job
Non Structural minor defects- up to 12 months from practical completion date
- Sticking doors or minor movements
- Minor cracking of plasterboard
For clarification you can refer to the QBCC website: http://www.qbcc.qld.gov.au Defects Liability Period. These should be sent to the builder between the 6-12 months.
Warranties Not Covered By AR Developments
For further information on this topic please refer to provided warranty information.
- Appliances – refer to provided warranty guide for warranty period and contact details for queries. (Cooktop, Oven, Rangehood, Dishwasher and Garbage Disposal)
- Tapware- refer to provided warranty guide for warranty period and contact details for queries.
- Hot Water System- refer to provided warranty guide for warranty period and contact details for queries.
- Lights and Fans – refer to provided warranty guide for warranty period and troubleshooting guide of fans. Lights will have a 12 month warranty (BULBS NOT INCLUDED)
- Air Conditioning systems- Installer warranty (12 Months) and system warranty (5yrs)
- Garage Doors- refer to provided warranty guide. Please check troubleshooting before making contact.